Being healthy at all times is really essential. Thus, we should know what food to eat and consume to stay fit and healthy as we wanted to be.
What food do you usually consume every day? Perhaps, there are varieties but how health conscious are you? Well, we just can’t avoid eating carbs, sometimes… Good thing that there are alternative foods which are good for our heath and so to our heart.
Anyway, I’m going to share to you one of the recipes of Nature's Pride Bread that surely you would love.
The Healthy California-style Tuna Salad Sandwich
This recipe is good for 4 servings. So, here’s all what you need:
· 8 slices of Nature's Pride® 100% Whole Wheat bread (or if you like, you can try out their healthy multi grain or the 12-Grain… that varies on your type)
Don’t you know?
Nature’s Pride 100% Whole Wheat Bread provides you all the benefits of whole grain have to offer. Aside from that, it is made of 100% whole grain and doesn’t contain any artificial colors, preservatives and flavors. It also has no high fructose corn syrup. Thus, this whole wheat bread of Natures’ Pride is surely your family’s choice!
· Chunk Light Tuna in water (6.4 ounces or equivalent to one pouch)
· Half a cup of chopped unpeeled cucumber
· 1/3 cup of alfalfa sprouts
· ¼ cup of red onion (chopped)
· 1 tablespoon of capers (make sure it’s drained) –optional, though
· A pinch of garlic powder and pepper (to taste)
· 1/3 cup of light or low calorie Italian salad dressing
· 4 lettuce leaves
· 1 large tomato (thinly sliced)
How to prepare? Easy! Just follow the steps:
1. Combine together the ingredients (except for the wheat bread, lettuce and so the tomatoes)
2. Arrange the 4 slices of bread and placed the lettuce accordingly
3. Put about ¼ of tuna spread in the bread with lettuce you’ve prepared.
4. Right after that, put on top of the spread the tomatoes and the remaining bread to complete the sandwich.
5. Cut it and served.
Simple, isn’t it? With just these simple steps, you would definitely enjoy this healthy food! How about you? What recipe from Nature’s Pride do you love the most? Feel free to share it below!
Want to take home a month supply of healthy bread? Then, like Nature’s Pride on Facebook and join in their on-going promo which is Bread for No Bread. Every Monday, one lucky winner will be announced. If you think you’re lucky enough, then try your luck here!